Blackjack is the next popular game right after poker. It’s like luck and strategy rolled into one. Even with strategies involved, blackjack games are not difficult to learn or understand. Additionally, the faster pace makes it more fun.
You can now enjoy online blackjack games on Fresh Casino anytime and anywhere!
Blackjack Game Options
Over the years, blackjack got many rip-offs and inspired quite a few variants. The classic version is still immensely popular. However, single hand, multiple hands, and golden streak are some blackjack variants that have popped up.
At Fresh Casino, you can play blackjack at the table games section and live casino. For an exclusive VIP experience, you can check out the VIP casino (a.k.a. the Salon Prive) section in the live casino.
- Single Hand Blackjack
Unlike the classic blackjack, single-hand blackjack is played using a single deck or up to 8 decks. Comparatively, this variant has a lower housed edge.
- Multiple Hand Blackjack
In traditional blackjack, players can only make a single hand. But in multiple hand blackjack (also known as Atlantic City Blackjack), you get to re-split and form up to 3 hands. This is an exciting challenge for seasoned blackjack players.
- Golden Streak Blackjack
Microgaming offers High Streaks Blackjack from the Golden Series. It is much like European blackjack but with side bets and slightly different rules.
- Progressive Blackjack
Just like progressive slots and roulette, we have a progressive variant of blackjack. The gameplay is like regular blackjack just with a bulging jackpot. All the rules are the same although there may be some variations when you hit, stand, split, or double-down.
Apart from these, there is American Blackjack, European Blackjack, Spanish 21, Blackjack Switch, and a few more types. The best thing? You can try all these blackjack games at Fresh Casino.
Blackjack: General Rules
Blackjack games are easy to learn, simple to play, but difficult to master. The whole point of the game is to make a better hand than the dealer’s hand without going over 21.
Here are the general rules that players need to know before betting in blackjack games –
- Ace’s value can be 1 or 11 (depends on the player).
- K, Q, and J have a value of 10 each. The rest of the cards are taken at face value.
- The bets are made. The dealer then gives each player a face-up card and takes a face-up card for themselves.
- Next, one more face-up is dealt with the players and the dealer takes a face-down card.
- If a player has a natural (a 21 total) they get 1.5x their bet. If the dealer and a player both have naturals, the player gets their original bet. If the dealer has a natural, all players lose their bet.
- In case nobody has a natural, the player to the dealer’s left begins the round. They can stand, hit, split, or double down.
- To stand – not take another card
- To double down – double the bet and take a card (if the hand totals 9, 10, or 11).
- To split – to treat a pair as two separate hands.
- To hit – take another card.
- Towards the end, the one who has a better hand wins. Anyone with a total over 21 goes bust.
And that’s it!
Want to hone your skills a little before betting on blackjack games? Fresh Casino lets you practice for free. After you feel confident, head over to Fresh Casino’s table game or live casino to start playing.